We want people to experience the freedom and simplicity that comes with homesteading. We offer stays where you can bring your family or just yourself, stay a day or a week! So many things to learn , here is a list to help you decide.
- Milk a goat and learn to make cheese or yogurt.
- Make soap and bath bombs
- Learn to identify and forage wild and edible plants. We also teach ways to use the herbs and how tincture them or turn them into teas.
- Learn about animals such as chickens, cattle, dogs and other farm animals and the rolls they play on the homestead
- We invite you out to see the alpacas that we shear in the spring. We offer classes on felting, spinning and crocheting and other uses of the alpaca fiber.
- Learn how to butcher your own meat. We pride in the way our animals are cared for here on our homestead and that includes how humanly we harvest our animals for food. We butcher hogs, fish, deer (in season), birds (including our farm raised chickens and turkeys) and rabbits.
- On a homestead, food preserving is very important. Learn to can, dehydrate and other means of preserving.
- Bee keeping. We have a few hives that we keep. Learn about the bees and how to extract the honey. Bonus, you get to taste honey straight from the hive! Such a sweet way to spend your weekend.
- Learn about the importance of organic farming and recycling. Learn how our animals make fertilizer 🙂 and see how the use of grey water or rain water can save on water usage. Learn how to maintain a composting bin that helps with gardening. Less waste means a brighter, cleaner future for everyone.
Want to learn more about any of these experiences? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org